Do you love watching soccer on the television, and love play foosball even more? You could now own the best foosball table for your game room, and be able to play foosball whenever you want.
Did you know the name Foosball was originally a German word: fussball. It means foot plus ball. That's right, they call it Fussball. That fits nicely since players fuss over who is cheating and who almost made a shot all the time.
Those of you who have never watched “Friends” or played the game are probably wondering, “What the heck is a foosball table?!”
What Is a Foosball Table?
The best foosball table is exactly like a regular foosball table (shocking, right?). The table is a rectangular shape, and it looks like a soccer field. The table has rods with soccer figures that you move side to side to make a goal against your opponent. It usually comes with a scorekeeping device and balls to play the game.
It is an excellent game for the whole family. My family loves to play foosball. Unfortunately, even though I have the best foosball table, my kids never follow the rules and just cheat each other. But the game is still very entertaining.
The invention of foosball
We do not know who invented the foosball game, but it is estimated to have started sometime in the late 1800s. Two men claimed to have invented the table, but no one is for sure who was telling the truth. Their names are Lucien Rosengart and Alejandro Finisterre.
The first person to patent the foosball table was Harold Searles Thornton in 1923.
Many countries call the foosball table by different names. We think the best name is “baby foot,” as the French call it.
How to Play Foosball
Believe it or not, there are rules on how to play this game correctly. If you are a good player and want to go professional, you can play competitively for a league. How awesome would that be, play foosball and win tournaments?
Please take a moment, and watch a real professional break down the way you should play the game, in the video below:
Rules for playing foosball
There are six basic rules when playing foosball, and they are:
- To start your game, flip a coin to know who gets the ball first
- You can not spin the rod without touching a ball within that 360 degrees spin, and spinning is actually illegal
- There is no jarring, which means you can not slam your rod against the side of the table
- If there is a dead ball, the game must start over.
- Now if your ball happens to fly off the table, then it is an out of play ball
- There is a rule for foosball tables that have five rods, but unless your planning on competing, this does not apply to you
Foosball Table: The Materials
Every company can make their foosball tables with different materials, but there is wood, plastic, plexiglass, nuts, bolts, and metal involved with almost every one of them. Don't forget the little figures that are placed on the rods.
You could, technically, make the best foosball table at home if you have the right equipment (we wouldn't recommend it), check out the video below:
Some of the Best Foosball Table Options
When choosing to buy the best foosball table out there, it is a good idea to think about whether or not you are going to play every day or if this product is for teenagers that need something to do. Durability and quality is a must when spending a lot of money on a foosball table.
The following foosball tables are not in any particular order, and please check out our list below.
Best Choice Products Foosball Table
- VERSATILE 48-INCH GAME SET: Competition-sized foosball table brings fun to any setting, perfect for home game rooms, arcades, and other entertainment areas
- PLAYER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: Features 8 rows to allow 4 rows per team, 11 red players and 11 white players, as well as a cup holder on each end to stay hydrated when competition heats up
- ERGONOMIC HANDLES: Rod bars have comfortable grips to better control the ball (2 balls included) as it slides on the smooth, friction-less surface for that game winning goal
- DURABLE COMPOSITION: Game room classic is crafted with sturdy composite wood and chrome-finished steel rods to keep the table functioning for years to come
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48"(L) x 24"(W) x 33"(H)
The Best Choice Products Foosball Table is a simple and basic foosball table. They make their product with medium density fiberboard, and it has a chrome finish. An excellent upgrade is the two cupholders for the players to place their beverages.
This table has eight rows, four for each player to compete against the other. Best Choice Product rod's claim to have comfortable grips for players. The company includes two playing balls and claims to have a less friction surface for a better game.
Amazon customers give this product a rating of 4.2 out of 5.0 stars. Customers are pleased with this foosball table, and they say it is easy to put together, durable, and they enjoy playing it every day. Unfortunately, a few other customers are upset that they received a broken product.
GYMAX Multi Game Table
- 【3 Playing Types For Choose】: Billiard - Play The Game As Assembled Using The Billiard Ball Set, Cue, Triangle .Soccer - Place The Soccer Table On The Top Of The Billiard Frame. Play The Game Using The Soccer Ball. Glide Hockey - Reverse The Soccer Table And Then Place On The Top Of The Billiard Frame. Play The Game Using Pushers And Hover Pucks
- 【Sturdy and Durable Design】: Sturdy Steel Rods With Robot Style Players On The Multi Sports Table This Three In One Pool Table Easily Converts From Game To Game, 4 Leg Levelers For Easy Assembly And Table Leveling
- 【Suitable For Playing】: Kids And Adults Will Be Able To Get Lots Of Enjoyment From This Versatile And Simple-To-Use Interactive Furniture It Will Fit In Nicely In A Game Room, Garage Or Playroom To Give You A Unique Entertainment Option
- 【Durable Structure】: Constructed From Durable MDF, Metal And PVC To Ensure That It Will Last Through Many Uses.
- 【Assembled Dimensions】: 48.5" X 22.7" X 32.5"( (LxWxH) Weight: 45lbs ,POOL Table Dimensions (LxWxH): 42" X 22.7" X 26.6" ,Cue Stick Length: 36.8" Air ,Hockey/Soccer Table: Dimension( LxWxH): 42"X 22"X 5.9" ,Playfield Dimensions (LxW): 41.4" X 22"
The Gymax company makes a multi-game table that includes a foosball table, air hockey, and billiards. Gymax includes all the supplies you will need to play each game. This game table is excellent for children, and adults to play on. The company claims its table is durable and easy to change the games.
The rating for this product is 4.6 out of 5.0-stars on Amazon. There are no bad reviews for this foosball table. Customers are happy; they say the table is easy to put together, and it is very sturdy.
Hathaway Playoff 4’ Foosball Table
- DAZZLING DESIGN - Bring world-class excitement to your game room or office. The Playoff's bright, colorful graphics depict a thrilling soccer stadium filled with rabid fans. Realistic, ABS-molded players add to the exciting, immersive experience
- PERFECT FOR FAMILIES - Kids will love the fast-paced play and high-gloss graphics. Adults will love its compact size and durable construction. The Playoff's ergonomic handles are great for all ages, and its analog counters keep scoring simple
- SOLID AND SECURE - Quality, engineered wood construction guarantees long-lasting stability. Its sleek, steel rods provide smooth and stable play. And the integrated leg levelers are easy to adjust, ensuring an even playing field
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Your table comes with a 180-day manufacturer warranty. We promise that it will arrive damage-free with all necessary parts and accessories. Otherwise, we'll send replacement parts or an entirely new table at no cost to you
- DIMENSIONS - Playing surface: 40" L x 22.75" W; Table dimensions: 48.5" L x 24" W x 32" H
This foosball table has a little more design to it than the others. Hathaway Playoff makes its foosball table to be durable and great for adults and kids. The Hathway company claims to use high-quality material and steel rods to make the game smooth and the table sturdy. Hathway Playoff company provides you with a 180-day manufacturer's guarantee.
Customers give this product a 4.0 out of 5.0-star rating with Amazon. With over 200 reviews, the customers are pleased with this foosball table. Many customers are happy the table is so easy to put together, and it is a great size. A few customers are upset the stickers are falling off, and the product is already damaged when they opened the box.
KICK Foosball Table Conquest
Kick claims its foosball table is durable and elegant. The company includes easy assembly instructions with the purchase, and it comes with an unlimited lifetime warranty. This company was founded by a 25 year veteran of the sport, and the table has a manual scorekeeper. The company includes two balls and rod lubricant if requested.
Amazon customers give this product a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. All the customers are extremely happy with this foosball table and have no complaints. Buyers love that it is durable, holds up to teenagers playing with it daily, and easy to put together.
- CHARMING AND SOPHISTICATED - A birch wood cabinet with stainless steel accents creates a gorgeous, visually dynamic table. Sculpted pedestals and a driftwood finish adds a charming, farmhouse touch. A perfect centerpiece for your game room, den, or office.
- ROCK-SOLID PLAY - Rigorous play roughs up inferior tables. But with dual pedestals and a center support stretcher, this table stands up to the roughest competition. A cross-supported playfield and integrated leg levelers ensure a level playing field.
- THE ULTIMATE TEAM - ABS counter-balanced and dimpled players allow for better ball control. Its 3-goalie configuration meets the standard for serious players.
- SMOOTH ACTION - Players are threaded on 16-mm chrome-plated steel rods with E Z spin bearings for fast performance. The solid hardwood octagon easy-grip handles allow firm grips that translate to precise play. Strike, catch, and fake with ease!
- 180-DAY WARRANTY - Your product comes with a 180-day manufacturer warranty. Your item will arrive damage free with all necessary parts and accessories.
Carmelli Montecito makes a very unique looking table, and it has a birch wood design and stainless steel accents. The company goes the extra mile by adding sculpture pedestals. This company claims the table can be used for real competitive games and not get ruined. The Carmelli Montecito foosball table has easy grip handles and has a 180-day manufacturer's warranty.
This Carmelli Montecito foosball table has a rating of 5.0 out of 5.0-stars. There is only onereview for this product, and they say the product is made of exceptional quality and looks great.
- PREMIUM QUALITY FOOSBALL TABLE - High quality construction combined with classic design elements and provide a competitive foosball table which is both highly durable, as well as beautiful.
- BRONZE FINISHED HARDWARE - Built with sturdy bronze fixtures, easy spin rods, varnished ergonomic handles and sturdy hidden leg levelers to ensure a perfectly balanced game for years to come.
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION - This Allendale 56 Inch professional quality game table is constructed with A-style metal leg design, durable heavy duty wood veneer top rails and aprons and a slick finished playing surface for fast and sturdy nonstop play.
- PERFECT FOR HOME GAME ROOMS - High quality foosball game tables are the perfect addition to your basement, office, or apartment giving you and your family endless hours of classic competitive gaming.
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THE GAMES - Recreational gaming table includes vintage style scoring pegs, robot style player flippers, and two high quality 36mm foosballs to keep games fast paced and fun.
The Barrington company sells four different types of foosball tables with Amazon. The one we are listing for you is called Allendale Set. The foosball tables come with manual scorekeeping, two balls, and robot figures. The company claims this foosball table uses durable heavy duty wood and metal. Barrington makes its foosball tables with a classic design.
The foosball table has a rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars with Amazon. Many customers say the table was easy to assemble, and it looks fantastic. A few customers are upset the material is not sturdy at all.
Lancaster Gaming Company
- Full-size foosball table, equipped for multiplayer play
- Features 1.5-millimeter steel player rods with easy hold hand grips
- Table comes equipped with "X style" legs
- 4 player rods on each side of the table
- Manual scoring sliders make it easy to keep score of the game
Lanster Gaming Company makes it foosball table to be a full-size table for multiple players. The X shape legs make for a unique look to this foosball table. The table comes with four rods on each side and manual scorekeeper.
The product has a rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 stars. There is only one review for this product, and the customers are pleased with the purchase saying it was easy to put together and worth the price.
- UNIQUE, STURDY DESIGN: Features laminated MDF construction with plastic chrome corner accents giving this table modern style with excellent playability
- GREAT PLAYING SIZE: 55.25 inches long x 52 inches wide x 36 inches tall (width includes longest handle); Weighs approximately 115 pounds; Table only dimensions are 55.25 inches long x 30 inches wide x 34.5 inches tall (width does not include longest handle); Playing area is 46.75 inches long x 27 inches wide x 4.5 inches deep; Rod is 5/8-inch round; Each handle is 1.25-inch diameter x 4.25 inches long.
- INCLUDES ALL GAME NECESSITIES: 2 game balls, 4 leg levelers, players, manual score units, side ball returns, and plastic drink holders
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Ball bearings allow rods to easily spin while the molded handles make them easy to grip
- WORRY-FREE PURCHASING: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty
The Sunnydaze company makes this foosball with chrome plastic corner accents. The company sends two balls and has folding cup holders on the foosball table for you to enjoy your drink while you play. Sunnydaze claims its rods spin easily and you can grip the handle with ease. The company gives you a one-year manufacturer's warranty with this foosball table.
This foosball product also has a rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 stars. There is also only one review, and the customer has had the product for four months and loves the table.
Goplus Foosball Table
- Enjoy Wonderful Game Time: Restore real football fields such as 22 well-made players and the green playground. Moreover, manual scorers on each side to allow you to record game score, making the football match more exciting. Table football can increase your coordination ability and balance.
- Protective Pads & Comfortable Handle: The non-skid handle is ergonomically designed for easy grip and use, minimizing discomfort and avoiding hand slip. The four legs of the foosball table equipped with protective pads will protect your floor.
- Durable & Safe MDF Fiberboard: Soccer foosball game table is made of high-quality and environmentally-friendly MDF fiberboard. 48" Foosball Table has thickened wooden table legs crossbars on both sides. These features will guarantee your safety and the stability of the table.
- Smooth Playing Surface & Round Edges: Game table's tabletop is bright green which is simulating the color of the lawn. The large and smooth playing field provides more comfortable use and better gaming experience. Round edges will also avoid injury during playing.
- Suitable for Many Occasions: Available indoors and outdoors, suitable for 2-4 people to play. Ideal for party, family game night. It is also easy to assemble, just follow our step by step instructions and you will assemble them in no time.
Now, Goplus makes two different foosball tables, one has lighter color wood, and one is a darker wood. We are showing you the lighter wood foosball table named Burlywood. This foosball table is great for all ages, and the company claims there is no shaking during a real tough game, with its sturdy material. Goplus claims this foosball table can be used outside, inside, and anywhere you would like to put it. There are folding cup holders and manual scorekeeper.
The Goplus foosball table has a rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars. Many customers say the price is perfect for great quality. A few customers are upset the assembly was too hard for them to put it together.
- UNPLUG & PLAY: Enjoy fast paced play on this compact tabletop foosball table. Stay active and spend quality time with family and friends. Bring it to a family gathering, birthday party, or tailgate event. DIMS: 40"L x 20"W x 8"H and weighs 15 lbs.
- FOOSBALL PLAYERS ARE PRE-ASSEMBLED ON THE RODS FOR FASTER TABLE ASSEMBLY: This classic version of table soccer is fun for all ages. Chrome-plated steel rods are ideal for swift shots while the rubber grooved handles enable a strong, stable grip.
- GOOOOOOAAAALLLL!: Superior MDF design is built to withstand competitive and convenient play. The FX40 Foosball table includes two goal boxes with ball return. The soccer table also features non-marking rubber pads to protect all your table surfaces.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Sport Squad listens and learns from your feedback to create quality gameroom equipment for kids & adults. If you're not 100% satisfied or have product suggestions our customer service team is available to help.
- SPORT SQUAD - BRINGING FAMILY AND FRIENDS TOGETHER: As an American based company, Sport Squad brings new innovation to playing indoors and outdoors by introducing affordable, quality sports, lawn, tailgate, carnival, and game room games to market.
This a table top foosball table and it is great for adults and kids. Sport Squad claims its pads will able protect your tabletop and it is portable. The company sends the product with two balls and a manual scorekeeper. The Sport Squad gives a 100 percent guarantee with this foosball table.
This product has a rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars with Amazon. With a little over 200 reviews, this product has some great comments. Many customers say this product looks great, durable, and worth every penny. As other many other customers are upset, the products arrive damaged and missing parts.
Overall the Best Foosball Table
With so many great options of the best foosball table, we could not decide on just one.
If you want a tabletop or a larger competitive one, would be the first question you should ask yourself.
Every product is different, and a foosball table can get really expensive fast. Also, we have found out just because it costs more doesn't mean it is better than a cheaper foosball table.
Do you own a foosball table, if so, which brand do you have? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Featured Image via Pixabay