The best pool table cover will go a long way in protecting your investment. Seriously. Why would you spend $ to $$$ on a pool table and leave it unprotected? Leaving your pool table bare will not only expose it to stains and dust but may also result in damage.
However, how do you choose the best pool table cover when there are so many options to choose from? If you've already checked out all the brands and materials, you may have become a bit overwhelmed. You may not have even known you'd need a cover when you purchased your table.
Everything You Need To Know About Pool Table Covers
A wise buyer gathers all the information they need about a product before making a purchase. This way, you are in a better position to make the right choice. That's where we come in. Stay with us as we share all the information you need to get the best pool table cover for your needs.
To help you out, we've listed some of the things you should know before investing in a pool table cover. Let's get started:
Why it's important to cover your pool table
First things first, you need to know why it's essential to cover your pool table in the first place. There are several reasons. They include:
Types of pool covers
The other thing you need to know is the types of pool table covers available on the market.
There are different types of pool table covers. Each has unique features, but they all serve the same purpose.
The main difference between these covers is the fabric and style. The most popular is the vinyl cover. Vinyl covers are lightweight and effortless to clean. They will protect your pool table from dust, debris, and fur, as well as spillage.
Another option you have is Naugahyde material, a heavy-duty leather-like material that will protect your table from everything, including scratches by pets.
Lastly, you can go for leatherette. It's a bit heavier than vinyl and more durable and protects against dust, debris, and spillage.
There are two styles of pool table covers. These include full coverage and edge-to-edge coverage.
Factors to consider
It's also vital for you to know what to look for in your search for the best pool table cover.
The first thing you need to consider is the size of the cover. Naugahyde material is an edge-to-edge cover that fits like a glove and doesn't stretch easily. For this reason, you need to have your table dimensions in mind to avoid buying a size too big or small. Vinyl, on the other hand, drapes effortlessly but doesn't have the snug fit typical of Naugahyde material. Your choice will depend on whether or not you want full coverage.
It's also important to consider the durability of the cover you purchase. Naugahyde material is heavy-duty and can last for years. Vinyl, on the other hand, isn't as durable and can tear easily when handled roughly.
Ultimately, your choice will depend on your budget, needs, and what you hope to achieve with the cover. Nonetheless, it's always better to go for long-lasting covers, because they save you a lot of money in the long run.
Overall Price Range Of Pool Table Covers
You won't have to rob a bank to afford the best pool table cover. Most of them are reasonably priced. You can get one for as little as $, but some retail for up to $$$. This price varies depending on the quality, durability, brand, and retailer.
If you want a heavy-duty cover that will protect your pool table for years, go for the high-end brands. However, if you're looking for something to keep the table dust-free while not in use, cheaper options will do the trick.
How We Reviewed
To help you with your search for the best pool table cover, we scoured the internet for the top-rated options. We relied on expert as well as user reviews to narrow down our list.
We then selected pool table covers with a rating of at least 4.0 out of 5 from customers at popular retailers to ensure you have the best options to choose from.
The Best Pool Table Cover On The Market
People look for different things when selecting the best pool table cover. Some prefer light materials, and others would rather invest in heavy-duty ones. There are also individuals who prefer covers that drape to protect their entire table, while some prefer to cover only the surface.
No matter what your preferences are, there's a cover for you on this list.
Let's get straight to business:
- Brown leatherette billiard table cover
- Measures 8 feet long, 4 feet wide (not including side drapings)
- Made from high-quality naugahyde
- Features weighted corners and machine-sewn seams for added durability
- Helps protect pool table from dust, spills and damage
If you’re in the market for the best pool table cover that will cover the entire thing, the Billiard Depot leatherette pool table cover should be among your top options.
This cover protects not only the playing surface but also the side table apron. It’s made of vinyl but has a leatherette finish that gives it a heavy-duty feel. It will protect your felt against dust, fur, and drink spillage among other things. This cover comes in 7-, 8-, and 9-foot sizes.
Amazon buyers can’t stop raving about it, giving it a rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. And it retails for $ to $$.
- Protect your billiard/pool table with this heavy-duty naugahyde table cover
- Fitted style of this covering provides protection for the top playing surface and the side table aprons
- Safeguards against spills, dust, dirt and pets from damaging your billiard table
- High quality naugahyde is extremely durable, capable of withstanding much more abuse than vinyl covers
- Measuring 112" L x 62" W x 8" D, this cover is designed to fit 9 foot tables
There are a plethora of low-priced leatherette pool covers to choose from on the market today. And for the most part, they do a decent job in protecting your pool table. However, most are not very durable and may not be able to withstand rough handling. If you own a high-end pool table, it's best to invest in a heavy-duty cover such as the Imperial Naugahyde pool table cover.
Several things make this pool table cover to stand out from the pack. For starters, it’s made of Naugahyde, a thick and strong material that can withstand anything from cat claws to liquid spillage and more. We also love that it's very lightweight, which makes it easy for you to cover your felt without any difficulty. And like the first option on our list, this cover comes in three sizes.
Because it has incredible features, this pool cover is quite expensive. However, it’s a worthy investment for your prized possession. You can get it for $ to $$$. Amazon buyers rated it 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- 【Heavy Duty】: Heavy duty pool table cover with cotton-fleece backing, for long time usage.
- 【Environmental & Functional】: Made of Heavy Leatherette, wrinkle free, helps protect your pool table or other furniture from dust spills and damage.
- 【Fine Workmanship】: Weighted corners and machine sewn seams for added durability.
- 【Adequate Coverage】: Measurements without drape is 112" X 62" (L x W), fits most 9 foot tables.
- 【Worry-Free】: US Domestic Shipping, Return and Money Back Guaranteed. Please DO contact us directly no matter what you may encounter through the complete order.
Whether you want to cover your pool table for a long or short period, the Boshen heavy-duty fitted leatherette billiard and pool table cover can offer the protection you need. This cover is made of heavy-duty leatherette that doesn’t wrinkle. What’s more, it features cotton backing to ensure easy covering. We also love that it features machine seams, which enhance its durability.
To get it you’ll have to part with $ to $$. The cover has an average Amazon customer rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- 8 foot heavy duty pool table cover - Amber color
- Total measurements are 115.5 " L X 71 " wide
- Measurements without drape is 100" L X 56" W
- Cotton backing - Fits most 8 foot tables - Made of heavy duty vinyl
If you’re looking for a more affordable option, the Iszy Billiards heavy-duty pool table cover is an excellent mid-range cover. Although it’s not made of the tough Naugahyde material, it features vinyl, which is also quite thick and relatively durable.
This cover is perfect for protecting your felt against pet fur, drink spillage, and dust particles. All you have to do when it gets wet or dusty is to wipe it with a cloth, and you’re good to go. The only downside of this cover is that it’s quite heavy compared to the Imperial cover. This pool table cover comes in the typical sizes and you can also get it in three different colors.
Amazon users are happy with this pool cover and gave it a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. You can get yours for $ to $$.
- Cover for billiard tables to protect tabletops from dust and debris
- The cover measures 10ft x 6ft - however we recommend it is used on tables 7ft - 9ft in length to allow the cover to drape and protect the edges of the table
- Heavy-duty material with weighted corners ensures cover stays on
- Great for other gaming tables, such as table tennis or hover hockey
- Set includes: 1 large black billiard table cover
EastPoint Sports Billiard Table Cover is the most affordable pool table cover on this list, going for $ to $$. However, it's low price doesn't mean its a low-quality cover. On the contrary, this table cover matches up to some of the high-end covers on this list.
One of the things that caught our attention is its size. The cover measures 10 by 6 feet, which means it can cover tables of 7 to 9 feet and drape well to cover the edges of the table. You also don't have to worry about the cover sliding off the felt because it has weighted edges to ensure it stays put -- an excellent feature for when you intend to be away for a long time.
Amazon customers are pleased with its performance; they rate it 4.0 out of 5 stars.
- Made from heavy duty leatherette, and is wrinkle free. It helps to protect the pool table from dust spills, and safeguards against and pets from damaging your table.
- Measurements without drape size is 90" x 51" (Edge to Edge), side drape is 7" from the top. Fits most for 7 ft. pool tables.
- Weighted corners and machine sewed seams for added durability. fitted style of this covering provides protection for the top playing surface and the side table aprons.
- Quality leatherette is extremely durable, capable of withstanding much more abuse than vinyl covers.
- IMPORTANT TIP: Please first measure your table before order, thank you.
If you don't mind leaving the edges of your pool table exposed, the GSE Games & Sports Expert heavy-duty leatherette billiard and pool table cover is the best pool table cover for edge-to-edge protection. The cover is made of heavy-duty vinyl that's wrinkle-free.
It can protect your pool table from drink spillage, dust, pet fur, scratches, and so much more. We love that it has weighted corners to ensure it stays in place. Besides, it has machine sewed seams that enhance its durability.
You can get it for the price of $ to $$. Amazon buyers rated it 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Deluxe Pool Table Cover fit Most Modern Tables
- Leatherette Fitted Cover
- 1 year Limited warranty included
- Dark Brown Color
- Please measure your table before order, Only fit pool table with rounded corner!
Another excellent option to consider when looking for the best pool table cover is the Yves Empire USA deluxe pool table cover. This cover is made of vinyl and features a leatherette finish that gives it a heavy-duty feel. You can rest assured that no liquids will spill through the cover and that your table will be dust- and fur-free.
It comes in several different sizes, which means it can cover most modern tables. However, if you want it to drape and cover the sides, it would be best to go for a size bigger than your table.
Amazon buyers love this pool table cover as much as we do. They rate it 4.4 out of 5 stars. It retails for $ to $$.
- High Quality Vinyl Pool Table Cover with Leatherette Finish
- Double-stitched Reinforced Seams
- Cover is Based on Outside Measurements of Pool Table - Not on the Playing Area
Last on our list is the East Eagle heavy-duty billard and pool table cover. This cover is made of vinyl, and, just like the Yves table cover, it features a leatherette finish that makes it tough and durable. It's an excellent option if you only need to cover the top part of your table.
The cover also features double-stitched reinforced seams that enhance its durability. With this cover, you can protect your pool table from drink spillage, dust, and fur. But you might have to keep the pets away from it to prevent them from scratching the sides.
Amazon buyers have nothing but good things to say about this cover. They give it a perfect rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. The cover is available for $ to $$.
Time To Cover Up
Most people don't see the need to cover their pool table, especially if they use it frequently. However, prolonged exposure to dust, direct sunlight, and liquids (among other things) will cause your pool table to wear out fast -- you definitely don't want this. Therefore, always make sure your pool table is covered with the best pool table cover you can afford when it's not in use.
The pool table covers on this list are among the best on the market. Customers have raved about their effectiveness, and we have no doubt you'll reap their benefits as well. Choose the best pool table cover and say goodbye to dust-filled pool table surfaces and faded felt.
Have you used any of the pool table covers on this list? Would you recommend them? Please share your views in the comments section below. We are always happy to hear from our readers!